Record Access for New Appellate Counsel

Former counsel should provide new counsel with any transcript, presentence report, or statement of reasons in counsel's possession. New counsel can obtain publicly accessible documents from the district court's docket, using counsel's fee-exempt PACER account. For assistance in ordering and paying for transcript, see District eVoucher Contacts for Transcript Authorization and Payment.

If counsel has any difficulty obtaining the record, contact Lisa McFarland, Fourth Circuit CJA Appointments Deputy at (804) 916-2744 or submit an email request for assistance to